Monday, August 8, 2011

Slapstick - The Best Medicine! - Week 14. Serving in Vintar

Hey guys, I only have 15 minutes!!!!!!! We have a district activity and we have to meet people in Laoag so I have to go soon. I wish I had more time.
 We met a great family that contacted us and they all wanted to come to church so badly. Two of the kids came and they said their mom was looking after the other three as some of them were sick. But in sacrament meeting, the little boy threw up all over himself and looked so sad and defeated I felt so bad for him. I told him how, when I was younger, I had fallen asleep while sitting on the stand during sacrament meeting back home. My elbow slipped off my knee and I fell to the floor in front of everyone. He liked that.
 Demma got up and bore her testimony of how she knows the Church is true. After church we went to the vomit kid's house to check up on them and say hi to the mom. Two of her kids were under a huge mosquito net, sweating with Dengue Fever. I gave my first priesthood blessing to one of the children (Ronbert) and to the mom. Elder Soriano blessed the little guy. I felt directed by the Spirit and the words weren't my own. Certain quotes from General Conference came to my mind that applied to her. She loved having us there and wanted us to help her insomnia. Turns out she's addicted to coffee! Word of Wisdom pamphlet!
 Elder Davis and I got hissed at by a crazy guy in a tricey at night and it was wayyyy creepy. We've been invited fishing two weeks from now but that's after transfer day which is next Monday!!!! WOW. So I might be gone or have a new kasama by then.
Time flies - and crawls slowly at the same time.
Did you get my letter yet???? I sent some pictures with it. I also got a memory stick to send you pictures from here but there's no time today. I miss all of you guys and think of you every day. I pray for you and am glad to know that we are an eternal family. That is the best thing ever!!!!. Finally, we showed "The Restoration" video to people this week and they all loved it - some cried. The Restoration is such a powerful event, and everyone needs to know about it! So to anyone that reads this, go out and learn about the Restoration and the First Vision from a church member, from the movie or from a missionary. That event is why I am here.
 I love you Guys!
Elder Dustan

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting these emails Brother Dustan. I've just started reading them as a new 'Sunday activity' and feel inspired to become a better missionary myself. You must be proud of your son. He is a great example.

    ReplyDelete