Monday, July 2, 2012

Yes! (We Have No Bananas) - Week 60. Serving in Laoag


This week has been straight up papayas (I'm sick of bananas). There have been some pretty solid storms that have rolled in. Rainy season is just hitting so it rains daily now. Not all day... just around the time we leave to proselyte.
On Tuesday we had an exchange with President. It was great. It still amazes me how he can talk with these people and they understand each other even though he doesn't speak the language. The Spirit is way magaling.

Before the exchange though, my companion and I had to deal with getting some repairs done on the vehicles. We needed new brakes for the Escape and its window fixed (I think a rock must have hit it at one point as it totally shattered. Every time you shut the door, a little bit more glass falls out), a tire rotation for the truck and two doors replaced on the
Toyota.

The way the cars work here is we can have the truck 2 nights  a week for working (which is good because our area is huge). The same goes for the other office companionships. The assistants have the Starex all the time and Pres. and Sis. O have the Escape. There is also a little
Toyota here because of a senior couple serving in Vigan (the Elder actually is the one who baptized Pres. O's Mum way back and now they are called here with President O on their mission! Cool eh?). We can take any of the cars if we need to but usually just the truck.

 On Wednesday I went to Pagudpud with Sister O to deliver beds. It was a nice drive by the ocean and we talked about all kinds of stuff. She has had some incredible experiences. On the way back, President texted us and told us to go to a district meeting that was going on to meet with an elder who had been feeling sick. We got there and I sat outside while he met with Sister O. I was invited in to give him a blessing. It was a great experience.

 We worked with the president on Tuesday and we committed the people we were teaching to fast and then we would return on Thursday and give them blessings. President felt particularly attached to them so he worked with us last night as well! Two nights this week - it was a great treat.

I studied Isaiah 58 about fasting and realized I haven't been doing it quite properly. I feel it is key to finding the answer to any concern or issue - even more so with missionary work itself as it says in verse 12, I shall "..raise up the foundations of many generations". I LOVE that chapter.

I wish I could share all I learned from talking with President and Sister O Anyways, I love you guys heaps and
miss you like an old lady misses stop signs!
-Elder Dustan

No comments:

Post a Comment