Monday, May 13, 2013

"For all this there is a reward in heaven." - Week 107. Serving in Sarrat

We just got back from the beach after a zone activity and now we are rushing to get back to our apartments on time. We have a mission curfew today because of elections which apparently get crazy here.

The beach was great. It was raining this morning and we thought we might have to cancel but it stopped and cleared up. We played soccer. It was weird, that this was the last time I would see a few of the missionaries. I already said goodbye to Elder K who came out to the mission field with me from the MTC. He is way up in Cagayan - don't know when I will see him again.

I read Doctrine and Covenants section 127 verse 4 yesterday ("And again, verily thus saith the Lord: Let the work of my temple, and all the works which I have appointed unto you, be continued on and not cease; and let your diligence, and your perseverance, and patience, and your works be redoubled, and you shall in nowise lose your reward, saith the Lord of Hosts. And if they persecute you, so persecuted they the prophets and righteous men that were before you. For all this there is a reward in heaven.") and I am going to do my best to end my mission with a bang. This week will be awesome. I feel like it is slowly starting to hit me now that I am actually leaving. It's weird.

Church was pretty good for us yesterday. We had two of our less active families attend and one of our other members brought her 17 year old non-member sister. We taught a good lesson on faith and M, our recent new member, gave his first talk. It was a good one too.

We are in our apartment a lot over the next two days due to the elections so I am going to do a lot of planning for when I get home and also a lot of language study. As for when I get home, I think just keeping it simple will be nice. I doubt I am ready to watch a movie right away, but if a playoff game is on, I might watch a little.

Anyways, I gotta go. Sorry for the lame email but hey, I will see you soon! Have a great week guys.
Elder Du

No comments:

Post a Comment