Saturday, March 30, 2013

Liars? No. We Tell the Most Beautiful Truth of All - Week 100. Serving in Sarrat


We went to Vigan with President and Sister B, the assistants and the office crew today. We did some shopping but I didn't buy too much. Honestly, I feel like, if I buy too much, then it's like I am never coming back. Coming back to visit with you guys would be waaaay better than bringing home a bunch of touristy stuff, no? But I did get some things.

Then we went to the zoo. I realized that I hate zoos. The animals are sad. We walked by big holes in most of the animal enclosures. We walked down one street and hey, there's an ostrich standing in among the people! Fun though. I realized that while I was there I really missed Sarrat. Elder O and I really felt like we were back at home once we got back here. Crazy, considering that I had never heard of this place two years ago.

 We had our zone conference this week. We stayed up way late the night before getting everything in order for our training (not procrastinating - there just is no other time for preparing), then we didn't end up giving it at zone conference. But still we got so much direction from conference.  I was amazed this time with how the church works. I think I am generally pretty good with understanding things and I have been here almost two years and know a thing or two about the work. But there are certain challenges with some of our investigators that I have never really been able to understand. But at this conference it was all answered. The leaders of the church really do receive revelation and all we need to do is apply it because that revelation they receive is specifically for us. Cool to realize it so close to General Conference.

We got punted a lot this week. We even had one guy tell us that we are liars and therefore, God hates us. We told him we loved him and don't want to argue and he told us we are retarded. He was so angry - just being near him felt cold. All we do here is go around and share a message with people that lets them know how amazingly special they are and yet they often respond in that way. It's bizarre. Cool thing though - even with a ton of upsetting things, we had so much success this week. We had eight investigators at church and were able to start a Gospel Principles class (we had more investigators at church than members!). It's so amazing to see the changes in those people who are preparing to be baptised  It can't be imagined or faked. I can see how happy they are in stark contrast to the way they were when we first met them.

I was thinking about what to do when I get home. I'm hoping we could go to the temple on the Saturday. I would like to attend Institute, work with the missionaries for one day or even just a few hours. Can you also please make sure we have some rice in the house? I feel a little anxious about coming home but it hasn't really hit me yet. Still have eight weeks to do some good works.

We have some baptisms coming up so that takes my attention. Thanks for your emails this week guys. They always make my day. I love you guys tons. Hope you have a great week!
Elder Dustan

No comments:

Post a Comment