Friday, May 6, 2011

Arrival at the MTC

I just set up my email account here. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you yesterday. Anyways, I'm talkin' to ya now! The flights were fine. No ear popping. I actually was sad when they were done with. You should've seen the mountains! They were crazy, and the MTC is right between them. I wasn't sure I'd get here fine because the Shuttle Driver was drifting into lanes and then he honked the horn by mistake and scared himself. It turns out his son went to the MTC and was headed for the Philippines but then they changed his call to California. He wasn't very happy about that. Annnnd there was a Filipina in the shuttle too! We chatted a bit, and she wasn't a member but she knew a lot about the church. When I got here a lot of people tried to show me around, and they gave me a temporary room. I don't like the red dot, it makes everyone stare. And I realized how much I missed you guys once I got to my room. But then there was a devotional where an Elder Ellis spoke. We sang 6 hymns (4 opening!) and it was great. I also saw Chris Benson. And then we went back to our branches and discussed what we'd heard. The branch president and his wife are the greatest people I've met. I wrote tons of stuff down that she told us. And then we sang two hymns in Tagalog. Most of us had never done it before so it was a lot of fun, and its pretty phonetic. Then there ended up being three other elders in my room (3M225). One from Calgary headed to Nebraska, one from Japan and one Philipino! I slept real well. Today has gone well. I feel great, and we sang a hymn before we left our room this morning. I am now in orientation (in which we learned that the cranberry juice makes you pee a lot, orange juice gives you real bad gas, and chocolate milk binds....I'll take the crab juice!). I will soon get a companion, and hopefully will see the temple today. I love you guys lots! But it seems like just hours ago I was packing at home. Time really flies, so I'll be seeing you before I know it. Scritch Duncan for me and say hi to everyone. Give mum a hug for me too a'ight? I'm starting to love it here, so don't worry. Love you lots!!!!
-Elder Dustan

No comments:

Post a Comment