Sunday, May 15, 2011

Three's Company - Week 2 at the MTC

Hey guys!!! Happy P-Day.
This morning we went to the temple for the 6:30 session (I didn't know they held them that early!) and it was great, except I sniffed the whole time because I'm getting sick (nose and throat disease, its not pretty).  Also, we were assigned to a Solo Sister (forgot to tell you). Her would-be companion got married instead of reporting to the MTC and so she won't have one until the 24th or so. Now she's my companion as well.

Yesterday we had our first TRC day. We had to knock on doors and ask questions and tell people who we were and set an appointment all in Tagalog. My threesome had split it up into parts (I did okay but butchered some of it and the fake investigator told me to go away!) It was fun. Then we were supposed to teach lesson 1 in english to a filipino family. The lady didn't stop talking to us no matter how hard I tried to get things on track. We only used 8 minutes of the 30 minute lesson time for teaching. Brother Welch said that she always does that and he wanted to see how we did (not bad apparently...I'd hate to see the other lessons!).
Tagalog is coming along okay. We have learned how to ask and answer certain questions, can make basic sentences, and yesterday learned how to connect the sentence structures so things have just started to make more sense. Its easy to remember all the stuff, but hard to connect it all when you're talking to someone. The important parts are Ang, Ng, Sa and VAOL. I'll send you a letter about it sometime maybe, or you can research it.

My favorite part of the MTC is not chocolate milk actually. I drink water. It's more pure than any bottled water and most city water systems! I love it. But the re-fried beans are also really awesome. The days also do NOT go by fast. They are sooooo long, but its like everyone said, the week has flown by though the days are long. And keep spoiling Duncan, but don't wear him out, I still want to see him when I get home. Scritch him once for me.
I love you guys so much! I miss you all. The Lord is helping me. Alot! Until next PDay, I love you all, you're my favorite people in the world. Thanks for all the letters and KEEP 'EM COMING. You can't bother me with mail, it's the best . Tell everyone at church I love them and miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment