Sunday, May 29, 2011

Fluent? Not Quite Yet! - Week 4 at the MTC

Things are going well. It's been really cold here, like almost snowing cold. So I now use three blankets. Thanks for sending more ties I can't wait to get them.  Thanks for the news from the "outside". Mom, you mentioned in your last letter that you had read on the Missionary Mom's site that missionaries are often asked to participate in funerals in the Philippines and how one mom had mentioned that her son was asked to dress a dead body for burial.  Elder Philips (in the other district) loved hearing this because he wants to be a mortician so he can't wait.
Thanks so much for the hockey news!!!! GO NUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 So my calfs are doing better. Did some physio and I can walk fine now.  I got some pictures printed off. I'll send some to you guys in my next letter. I bought some for Elder Taurabakai also and he was soooo excited. He's only ever had one picture of himself before and he prized it so much, so now he has lots of pictures to put in his folder.
 Went to the temple today. It was good. It's sooooo big - way bigger than the Montreal temple! Its really nice and the cafeteria is soooo good. I love it. As for my schedule, Friday, Sunday Monday and Tuesday are the best days of the week for me. On Sunday we only have Church meetings with our branch, which is three districts. A new bunch of missionaries arrived on Wednesday so we have a new district!!!! Elder Tualetonu from Samoa is so funny. We had a zone meeting to welcome them and he said a prayer for at least 10 minutes all in Samoan and told them it was in Tagalog. They all looked so scared once they heard we have only been here three weeks and are already fluent! It was great!
I can't wait to get the primary kids' letters & drawings. I love getting mail.
 Elder Russel M. Nelson came to speak to us and it was sooo great. I copied all my notes from his talk to where it applies in the "Preach My Gospel" manual.
Tagalog is going well. Bro. Welch is the best teacher ever!!!! We're learning a lot. The vocabulary comes easy to me, it's just verb conjugations and sentence structure that's difficult. I'm learning a lot though. The spirit is so strong here.
Anyways, say hi to everyone!!!! Tell me all about what you're all up to. Stay safe, keep up your church stuff too. I love you. Hope to hear from you soon!!!!
Elder Dustan

No comments:

Post a Comment