Sunday, June 5, 2011

Last Week of English! - Week 5 at the MTC

It's Biyernes!!!!!!!!!! I went to the temple this morning and did a session. It was awesome as usual. TRC (Training Resource Centre) last night was our last TRC in English. From now on we will be teaching whole lessons sa Tagalog. Scary.
 Heard about the postal strike. Uber annoyed with Canada Post. You guys will have to double up your "Dear Elder" output! (ha ha)
 Brother Welch, our teacher, told us a story this week about one of the first times he bore his testimony of the Book of Mormon on his mission sa Tagalog. He said he knew with all his "pusa" (instead of puso which means heart) that it was true. So he actually said I know with all my cat that it is true! Pusa is cat. I laughed so hard. Learning the language is coming along well. We are memorizing verbs now. We are at the point where we can say pretty much anything we want if we sit down and work it out. It's just hard to do in your head. Although we did teach a really good lesson about the Book of Mormon last week.
Elder James, in the district ahead of ours, broke his arm goofing around with Elder Taurabakai. They're like best friends and they were trying self-defence stuff and he flipped him. So Elder James is going to stay back with our district until he's ready to go.
In a week we will be the oldest district in the zone! It honestly feels like just a week ago I got here. Time flies. The new district is doing really well. We try to look out for them.  We got new sister missionaries but Sister Steele is still our companion during class time.
NHL comes to WINNIPEG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited! I screamed and ran to tell the only other elder in our zone who likes hockey. I hope they call them the Jets. Keep me up on all the hockey news.
Thanks for all your letters! I've heard from so many people back home and I really appreciate it.

 I really do love it here.  Some days I think I'm doing great at teaching and speaking Tagalog and the next, I think I'm terrible at it. The Lord keeps me humble ( and that's when I'm most successful I noticed).
I realized yesterday that I really missed Ryan! Someone said that they would hide in someones suitcases to get to somewhere and I thought of Ryan - he said that to me when I was leaving. Tell him hi, and get him to "Dear Elder" me about his new lawn tractor. He must be very excited and I can't wait to hear about it.

 I have decided that I'll never stop singing. It's the best! It shows how happy you are and it's contagious. Our district sings all the time. But don't worry - only uplifting music!
Our teacher, Sister Maiello is leaving! She wants to be with her family in California. Her dad is sick and she misses them. She was crying when she told us. She leaves Wednesday. She struggeld with leaving but she prayed and prayed and got her answer. It really showed me how you should make those kinds of tough decisions. You really have to listen hard to the spirit. We're going to sing her the hymn, "God be with you till we meet again", sa Tagalog. She will love it.
I'm so happy to be here. I know without any doubt that I'm in the right place. I'm learning how awesome the Book of Mormon is and how to pray with real intent. Nothing is better than offering your deepest desires, emotions and thoughts to your Father in Heaven. When I do it, I ALWAYS get answers!
Say hi to everyone for me. Love you lots.
Elder Dustan

No comments:

Post a Comment