Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Egg Salad Anyone? - Week 20. Serving in Vintar

 It's baguiing again (typhooning). Well, not right now but it was for the past three days. Not a strong one but it almost sunk Vintar......but it didn't.
B is getting baptized. Elder Davis interviewed D and said he's never met any person in his life who is more prepared to be baptized. R is getting baptized as well. He even said, in great English, "The Book of Mormon is the most correct book on earth." This Saturday 4 of our investigators are for sure being baptized. D has so much sway that I am speaking as well as the Stake president, AND President
Odgers is baptizing her! The whole town is talking about it and
everyone knows her as a devout Aglipayan so it's a big deal.
 I saw an old Tatay in a SENATORS CAP!!!!!!!!! I walked by him and just pointed at his hat and said, "WHOOOOHOO!" I think I freaked him out.
We have another mosquito infestation. They are so bad that they land on our plates while we're eating and lay eggs! So gross!!!! We have bites allllll over. I'm pretty good at catching them with my hands and squishing them. Reflexes of a cat.
 Elder Soriano is sure he's leaving next transfer and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a Filipino companion but only President Odgers knows what is up, so we'll see.
We had lunch at the mission home and a member of the 1st Quorum of the Seventy dined with us - Elder Arden. It was soooooo amazing. He is from New Zealand and told us all about being called to the Seventy. He is speaking at General Conference next month and told us all about choosing his topic to speak on. It took him 40 hours to write a 7 minute talk! We then sat there and he imparted some amazing wisdom on us. It was awesome!
I'm now studying Leviticus and loved reading all about the symbols of the temple. I can't wait to go to the temple when I get home.
I'm jealous of your cold weather - so hot here.
Anyways,  I love you so much and miss you. Take care of each other. Family is THE most important thing ever.
  And scritch the dog for me for
goodness sake!
 Love you lots
-Elder Dustan

No comments:

Post a Comment