Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Over the Hump Already! - Week 53. Serving in Camalaniugan



Monday night we went to visit the single dad I mentioned last week and seven members came with us! We all sat with him and his kids and talked. We showed our pictures from home and then we taught about the atonement. It was a good lesson. He said he wants to go to church. Then a member family gave him a bag of rice! Way nice of them. They are one of my favourite families here.
 Zone Conference is on Wednesday. We are doing the training and there are 2.5 zones attending. We are making a few small changes to things each zone conference to get everything in order for the new mission president when he comes in July.

We caught a bus to Laoag at around
4am and it was an ordinary bus (no air conditioning). That means that it's cheaper and everyone rides on it. They pile rice sacks in the aisles, buckets of fish, veggies, everything. And they fit at least 20 more people than it has seats for so we were on a stinky, sweaty bus for 6 hours.

 We got a ride back with President and Sister O in the car after zone conference as we got new mattresses.
I had a really great experience with the sacrament and fasting this past Sunday. We often don't use that to its full potential. I teach all the time that less active members need to come to church and use the power of the sacrament but I wasn't doing it effectively myself.
President O also had all the elders give each other priesthood blessings before closing our fasts. It was a powerful experience.

 The old man we've been teaching moved. We went over there and the man who owns the junk yard where he lives told us he went back to where he came from and won't return for two months. I was sad to hear that but I prayed really hard for him and I know that he will be looked after.
 I love you guys and miss you so much. I will see you in less than a year. Although, I wish I had more than a year left as I have so much more to do and learn.
-Elder Dustan

No comments:

Post a Comment