Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Last Minute Transfer - Week 56. Serving in La-lo


I don't have a lot of time to write so I'm sorry if this is short. I will get to the reason in a second.  We have all been asked by President to write a one page letter about what the atonement means to us and give it to him this week. We just kept wanting to write facts and stuff and I had no ideas and then I prayed and I had a dream about it. I won't explain it now for the sake of time but it really laid out my view of the atonement very simply. It was great. Not only that but we are teaching a less active sister and she was asking questions about Christ and the crucifixion . We shared some scriptures and then I shared my dream with her and it really helped.

We did a double exchange in Magapit this week and I worked with a missionary from
Utah and he was way cool. Just everything about this country makes him either laugh or smile. I learned a lot from him.

Sunday night we were told that we are both being transferred to Lal-lo!!!! So in ten minutes we are moving. We had yesterday to pack and today to clean and just like that, we're gone from Camalaniugan. We don't even get to say goodbye! I love the people here so much. It feels like I am leaving you guys again!
Transfers aren't until next week but it turns out it's kind of an emergency transfer. So Elder S and I will be opening an area again. It has been a sisters area since way before I got in the mission. Since we don't have any training set up this week, we will have a full 40 hour week to get to know our new area!!! I am way excited for that.

 We have our last interviews with the president this Friday. I feel sick in the pit of my stomach thinking of them leaving. I have really grown to love them.
So that's all I've got for now. One week before transfers and we get emergency transferred to Lal-lo - wish us luck!
I love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Elder Dustan


No comments:

Post a Comment