Saturday, March 10, 2012

Those Blessed Mosquitoes! Week 43. Serving in Camalaniugan

Hello! lalala!
I am doing really well. This week was pretty sweet. We gave a training to our districts. It was about love. We got up without our name tags on, no ties, one shoe off, all disheveled and gave a terrible lesson (most of which was scriptures from Songs of Solomon - that's a flippin' weird book). Elder T and I read from it in an uppity British accent. You should try it.
They were all confused and either were afraid that it was our real training or that they really weren't understanding what we were saying.
Most of the filipinos caught on that it was a joke but this one elder raised his hand and asked where the scripture was again! Then we discussed how the training sucked because some important things were missing. We shared how love is a requirement for the work. I felt a greater love for the people here this week.
We taught a young mother (she is 20 and has two kids - one of which is 3!). She is the sweetest girl I have ever met and is way smart too.  I felt a great amount of love for her and her kids and we sat and discussed ways to solve a problem she has. We asked if she had gotten a blessing before. No one had ever told her that before! So we all fasted and then yesterday we blessed her and it was a great experience. We got eaten alive by mosquitoes while we stood still for the blessing though.
 I changed a door knob this week. I, like the genius I am, locked myself out of the apartment and so we broke the old knob, bought a new one and replaced it using my pocket knife, a broken screwdriver and a big stone. We also did all the reports for the district.

 I have been studying lately on the duties of the priesthood and am loving it. Now I have a better knowledge of what I should be doing. I never knew how serious and important certain things are - the little things really make it all.
 It's soooooo good to hear from home and I don't think that will ever wear off. I very much love my mission. 
Anyways, I love you guys very much and look forward to hearing from you next week. Take care of yourselves.
-Elder Dustan

No comments:

Post a Comment