Monday, April 9, 2012

Ants In My Pants - Week 48. Serving in Camalaniugan


We had a pretty crazy week. Crazy meaning uber, uber, busy. We had two district meetings and then we went on splits twice. We had some really good work this week, I am really impressed. But now the problem is, that I don't have a whole lot of time to tell you about it, but I will tell you some highlights.

 I went on splits with the branch president. We went to an investigator family and as we get to the house I see a dog laying by the bench with its legs tied. I was pretty distracted during that lesson. They were going to have it for supper. That was my first time seeing that.

We had our district meeting in Lal-lo and we had been thinking lately that these meetings haven't been as spiritual as we would have liked so we taught about Christ and how to draw closer to him and to centre our teaching on Him. It was a really spiritual meeting and I was really happy with it.

The best part of the week was when on Saturday, we got punted really bad
by both our fellowshippers and by our appointments. Then we had no clue
what to do so we decided to mosey on over to a members house  in the middle of nowhere. When we got there, no one was home. But then we talked to the neighbours and they were so excited to listen to us. They are a young couple, just married about a year ago. Just after they got married the wife had an accident and now suffers from a blood disease. She was a missionary for another church and served in
China, Thailand AND TORONTO! She lived in Canada for a year! Her husband now works in the bukid (rice fields). They are soooo sweet and they wanted to know EVERYTHING. We started at the
beginning of the first lesson and finished it all in ONE lesson. That
is rarely done. We gave them a Book of Mormon and they are just so excited. We felt the spirit so strongly after that and the day was just great. We are praying hard for them. I have never seen anyone soak up doctrine and ask so many inspired questions. That was so exciting. Sorry, I can't quite explain what it felt like but it was almost an Ammon teaching King Lamoni kind of experience.

 We finally burned our trash this week and I felt stinging all over my legs and realized I had been standing on an ant hill while I was doing it!!! Little jiggers bit me reallly bad.
Sorry it's a short one this week. I gotta get going. I love you guys lots.  Take care!!!
-Elder Dustan



No comments:

Post a Comment